Contact us

Anyone who is worried about a tamaiti or rangatahi can make a report of concern to us or the Police. You can also contact us for enquiries about our services, or to contact a site or social worker.

If you believe a child is in immediate danger, call:


Report of concern

If you're worried about a child and want to make a report of concern or have a general enquiry, our customer service specialists are on hand to answer your pātai and pass you through to the right area.

Call us on freephone:

0508 326 459

Disclaimer: All calls will be recorded for quality and training purposes. Transfers from this number may not continue to be recorded. 

If you have any queries concerning this, please ask your specialist.

or email

Please note we don't have a form for reports of concern.

General mailing address:
Oranga Tamariki National Office 
PO Box 546
New Zealand

If you believe a child is in immediate danger, please call 111.

Get in touch if you think a tamaiti or rangatahi may be:

  • suffering from ill-treatment, abuse or neglect
  • experiencing abuse but you’re not sure if you should be concerned, and want advice, or just to talk things through.

Learn more about identifying signs of abuse

A social worker will review your information and determine what supports would be best as a next step for your concern.

Learn more about how we keep children safe

What we'll need to know when you get in touch

  • What you're worried about, what you have seen or heard.
  • Details of any incidents, what happened, and to whom.
  • Details about the child or young person, and their whānau, such as names and locations.

General enquiries

If your enquiry is not urgent or about a tamaiti, you can also call our main line:

0508 326 459

or email

General mailing address:
Oranga Tamariki National Office 
PO Box 546
New Zealand

Care and Protection Residences

If you have any concerns regarding the issues raised at any of our care and protection residences please call:

0508 326 459

Transitions Support Service

Transition Support Services are a range of services for young people between 15 to 25 years old. They support transition from care or custody into adult life.

Read more about our services or call our free helpline on 0800 55 89 89 to see how we can help.
We can support you to:

  • find a place to live or stay with a caregiver
  • get some financial support
  • access a transition worker
  • get your driver’s licence
  • find a job or enrol in training
  • get legal advice
  • access counselling and other health services.

Getting help from our Transition Support Service will not affect any other services you use or benefits you receive.


If your query is adoption related:

Make an enquiry using our online form

or call 0508 326 459

Please include your location in Aotearoa New Zealand or overseas so that the relevant Adoption Service team can respond to your enquiry.


24/7 Caregiver Guidance and Advice line:
Call 0508 227 377

Children in care

If you are a child or young person in care you can let us know how you are getting on.

Tell us what you think

Abuse in Care – Make a claim

If you feel you have been harmed while in the care of Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children please talk to us.

Find out more about making a claim


If you're overseas:
Call +64 9 912 3820

Personal information requests

To request personal information held by us:
Call 0508 326 459 and ask for Customer Information Requests


Media enquiries only:
Call 0800 712 315

Published: March 25, 2017 · Updated: May 22, 2024